Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Twelve Foods To Eat For a Triathlon

Later this year I agreed to raise money for the Semper Fi Fund, a none profit organization that helps wounded, ill or injured Marines recover, and run in the New York City triathlon. I started my training by engineering a healthy diet plan that would give me enough energy and allow me to train as hard as can without feeling tired. I came across a particular diet in the Magazine called  Men's Health, but made a few changes to the list and combinations.

Food List
  1. Irish Steal Cut Oats.
  2. Eggs
  3. Quinoa
  4. Chicken
  5. Sauerkraut
  6. Steak
  7. Sweat potatoes
  8. Cottage Cheese
  9. Blue Berries
  10. Walnuts 
  11. Almond Milk or Coconut milk
  12. Whey protein
Moring
  •  Irish steal cut oats ( Make sure to follow how to cook these. You will have to leave over night in fridge for them to be edible).
  • One or two eggs. ( Boil or pan, doesn't matter)
Snack
  • Milk and whey protein  ( I do this to get my protein and actually its a great treat )
Lunch
  • 1) Grilled Chicken
  • Sauerkraut ( I know weird but its low calorie and tasty)
  •  Quinoa 
 Snack
  • Milk (can be Almond or Soy) and whey protein
Dinner
  • Steak (I just get a skirt or flank steak nothing to crazy and put some A1 souse on it) 
  • Sweat Potatoes ( I bake them with some olive oil)
Late night snack
  • Mix the cottage cheese with blue berries and walnuts.
Feel free to make changes to this particular diet with foods you enjoy. Keep in mind not to add to much but can substitute meat or chick for fish.  The diet is a high protein with low carbs diet. I have lost about ten pounds since I started my training and have more energy then before. Also Booze isn't mentioned here because if your training for an event you shouldn't be drinking.

No comments:

Post a Comment