Sunday, July 13, 2014

Raising Money for the Semper Fi Fund

In a previous post I mentioned the need for nutrition while training for a triathlon (Twelve Foods To Eat For a Triathlon). The reason I am training for the New York City Triathlon on August third, is that I belong to the Semper Fi Fund Team and am raising money for the Foundations. About the foundation and best be explained here,
The Semper Fi Fund was created by a group of Marine Corps spouses nine years ago, and those same women run the Fund today alongside other spouses from all services branches, retired service members, all of whom intimately know the needs of our military families. We have been by our injured and ill service members' sides from day one, helping them as they navigate lengthy recoveries and rejoin their communities (Semper FI Fund). 
The Semper Fi Fund has helped me recover from injuries,  to show support and thanks, I have decided to raise money and participate on there team. I have included a website where you can donate or pass along to friends and family (NYC TRI ) , or come out to the finish line ( 72nd Street Transverse mid-park) to support the Marines.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment